Saturday, September 09, 2006

BAR HARBOR, MAINE OUR FAVORITE PLACE OF THE 9 WEEK TRIP !!!

Trenton Brigde Lobster Pound. Best lobster in Maine. Cooked in sea water in the pots with a wood fire. Smoke stacks in the background.

Tim can't wait !!!! :)

Sand Beach in Acadia. Water was 50 degrees. I went in up to my ankles. :)
Thunder Hole - water going in cave sounded like thunder.
Tucker met a friend at Thunder Hole!
Tim and Tucker on top of Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park, ME. Elevation 1530'. The hishest mountain on the East Coast Line.
Bubble Rock in Acadia National Forest, ME. This rock is a huge bolder sitting on the edge of a cliff. The walk up to see it was only .5 miles STRAIGHT UP! It was not listed as a steep climb. The path (?) had rocks above my knees!! I had to use trees to pull myself up. Going down was easy. I just sat down and jumped!! Tim thought I was doing to die!! :) It was worth the climb!

No comments: